Sunday, June 9, 2013

Play Your Hearts Out

I went to see Peter Frampton and Robert Cray last night with a special guest from Elton John's band play in Midland, Texas last night. What a concert!! Robert Cray sang the blues, and unfortunaly it was not played with feeling as Peter got to the floor. Peter Frampton worked the crowd and gave a performance that would rock anyone into loving this guy. He played a good 2 and 1/2 hours of riffs and old tunes that just rocked this sardine packed auditorium we have in Midland. What a sober experience. My son was also impressed with the performance and I encourage you to attend this concert if they come to your area.

It's Sunday and I woke up hung over feeling, I think its because I stayed out till 1230 am this morning, and I met a girl online from Colorado and chatted with her till 130 am. Yes, Chris has found him a friend. She is 28 , hard of hearing, and a doll. However , as an alcoholic without any type of relationship in almost 16 years, I have to take this slow. She is a nurse and wants to come here to be with me, and work in our town. What a deal an alcoholic and a nurse, a match in heaven, she is also from the UK and I love their accents, I melt.I will talk more about her once I get to really know her.

I hope all had a good weekend , yet we still have Sunday to bare down with. My Uncle from Fort Worth is in the AA program and has around 50 years of sobriety. I don't talk to him hardly at all, and tried to call him last night before the concert to let him know of my plans to Kerrville, next weekend. I am not sure why? except it would be nice to have him there while I get my four year chip.

Thats all for now, I will report back at the end of the day, It's been a solid weekend and a great time with God was had. Sober at a concert is an awesome experience, and AA was good this weekend. There is a meting tonight of course and I will be there. Sunday nights are kind of hard on me, because of the following Monday. Go figure...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sobriety and Covid and Living Normal

I have had this blog for ober 8 years and made nothing off of this blog. I write to talk about daily things and living without alcohol and I...