Wednesday, June 5, 2013

AA Step Study, Just Walk Out

I was in a AA step study room last night and I was fed up with the speaker. He had said things that I do not believe in, and I stayed  for 45 minutes and left. Granted, this may have been rude, but the way the meeting ws going , I thought this guy was out of place. I have a right to make decisions , even when it comes to AA groups and you do also.

There is no reason to sit in a room if it does you no good. I will go back to this group again, but I refuse to listen to crap. You have the right to leave and have the right to not believe in what is being said in certain AA meetings. If it offends you, walk out. That is your God given right to do.

AA was made to help people who cannot recover and those who are recovered. It is a two way street, and with that said , there are some whom only have one hour of sobriety and those with many years. Just because they have years on you does not make it right for them to shove it down your throat. I felt this way last night during a step meeting. This fellow wanted to hear only from the people he knew and had worked step 7 . Well , you can work step seven all the time and not even consciously know it. It does not mean you  do not have a grasp of this step. It matters not how many years or months or even days you have. Steps are written to keep you sober, and if you have worked all the steps in a week , then fine. It is possible, everything in life is possible. You just keep working the steps a lifetime. Especially one. The first step to know that your life has become unmanageable and stop that first drink. We all so this step one everyday, then the new guys come in and start it their first day, hopefully.

There are quite a few that would dis agree with me, and a few that would agree with me. I don't give a damn. I did not consciously work these
steps for three years, but I have done them. I do not have to prove it to anyone but myself. A sponsor is a person whom should help you deal with this issue. Not a sponsor that thinks you should spend a year on step four. Find another sponsor if this is the case , unless you need a year to make amends, I would think we make amends daily to everyone whom we have hurt and dearly love from the beginning of our sobriety. I could be wrong on other people in the program.

Be sure you are with the right sponsor, have three. Go to different meetings when you don't like one. They are all different and should carry the same message, Our spiritual foundation is God and he makes all this possible. There is no right way to work this program, there is a way that AA would like you to think there is. I should say there are people with so much sobriety , that what worked for them is fine, what works for you is even better. Be yourself and make your own decisions, Yes you need to work these steps. In what order, I say what an order....Just take it easy on yourself and move on to another group if you feel like separation or that the God word is not being used enough. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sobriety and Covid and Living Normal

I have had this blog for ober 8 years and made nothing off of this blog. I write to talk about daily things and living without alcohol and I...