Thursday, July 4, 2013

July 4th, God's Grace I am Sober

Ingram, Texas by Christopherhyer 2013
Well it's that time of year where in Midland, fireworks happen even though there is a possibility of a good fire happening tonight somewhere. It never cease to amaze me , that they fire these off in and around the town. They are beautiful , if you like rockets blwing up in the sky. I could care less, if I was in New York City or somewhere where there is a little excitement , then my thoughts are there. To be sober in Midland, Texas is a feet in itself. There is basically nothing to do , but work. There are parks with no water in them. There are trees around the homes in the main city , however outside the city limits there is brush and dirt. The Oil rigs are everywhere, and that gets old too. The smell of gas is ever present in my city and I am sure it is not good for people, but its money.

So staying sober on July 4th in my town is a test of ones sobriety.Every day in this city is a test of one's sobriety. The only places to go are to eat , bars, and AA. You could go to a Hospital I guess and see how fancy that is,,lol...Shit this place really needs activities for people, beside drinking at a celebration on the night of the 4th.I try to compare this place to Corpus where I use to live 4 years ago, and there is no comparason. As an alcoholic I tend to want to move from place to place, to run from myself. When sober you realize you can't do this. You cannot run from yourself.

To get out of this Hell hole in West Texas one needs to drive about 3 hrs north or south to a lake. Maybe that is what I will do, we put a lot of miles on our vehicles out here because of this factor. Oh well, hopefully you live somewhere where it is pretty and not a 100 degrees. God Bless and Happy 4th....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sobriety and Covid and Living Normal

I have had this blog for ober 8 years and made nothing off of this blog. I write to talk about daily things and living without alcohol and I...