Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Birthday Night - A Celebration of Sobriety

Monday night when I got home from work, I was tired. However it was bithday night at the 12 step group of AA in Midland, Texas. So I had to get off my ass and go aand give thanks to those that were in attendance for my sobriety in solitude. In other words I don't think I would of made the last few months without my AA group and I silently prayed for each and everyone in this meeting Monday night.
I know it sounds a little strange to do , but I felt that each member that was there had something to do with my good fortune. I believe when your too tired or too lonely are the best times to go to AA and mingle a bit and give thanks even if silent . I have some a long way in just a  few days and hours now. As it is barely past 6 AM right now on Tuesday, I am heading to a job at 7 AM and wanted to post what I had done the night before. I am sore and aching from the hard work I did on Monday and this day is what I will be doing on a daily basis, so there is much driving or relaxing time in betweeen jobs. That is why I like service Technician work, is being able to drive to different locations and it gives you time to stop and get a coke and snack and then go to your next job. Anyway I hope you all had a good day on Monday and believe me, God is watching out for us. Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sobriety and Covid and Living Normal

I have had this blog for ober 8 years and made nothing off of this blog. I write to talk about daily things and living without alcohol and I...