Thursday, January 21, 2016

Sobriety in 2016 - Is it Possible?

Sobriety in the past few years have been a positive influence in my family and my new friends towards myself. It has been a dream come true in areas of finacial situations and the many job changes I have gone through. Usually , I would not of made it this far, which is about 8 years of sobriety up to this date on January 21st, 2016. You never know how long you may stay sober, hoever with the tools from AA, such as the steps in the Big Book of Alcohollics Anonymous all things are truly possible.

The third step prayer in the Big Book  is very keen to how I live my life. For those not familiar with the third step prayer please look this up as I believe it is on page 60 right after ,"How it Works".
In starting a sober lifestyle I would have to recommend that you evaluate your situation and time in life to determine if this is in fact you. An alcoholic that desires to stay sober.

The only advice I can give to a person that is not sure if they have a drinking problem, is if you go and have one drink and end up having more than that or shut down the bar, you probably have the disease . No one can tell you how to drink nor can they control your reactions to your own problems, but suggestions from others inthe program of AA can and wil give you thier feelings towards your desired outcome from going to drink to sobriety.

I have many years of drinking alcohol and some are a blurr, but usually they ended up with me hurting not only myself but hurting others. When you hurt others with your drinking , they will let you know it, so that is another sign that possibly you may have a drinking problem.

The good news is you can stop. Nothing in this life is easy , unless you make your mind up to take the first step in Alcoholics Anonymous, and that is to believe

in a power greater than yourself can beat the drinking obsession. Once you have past step one , which is totally not drinking, then you are ready to proceed with the second step which is turning your life over to God and letting him have control over your thoughts, actions and well being.



I wrote the above a short e book that I am donating 1/2 of the sales to a local 12 step program for alcoholics and drug abusers. It is a list of statistical ratings of 2015 and the way alcoholism is headed. Written from sources I have found on the Internet dealing with the year 2015 and the problems and the issues with hard core drinking and drugs. There is a section to check if you indeed have alcoholic tendencies and information that is concerning the recovery rates and the program of AA. It is an opportunity to give back what I have been given in the case of my charge for the book, and it is quite informative. No subscription to buy this e book, just a donation of a few dollars to help other alcoholics and to keep this blog a rolling as I get quite a few visitors. The facts are in for 2015 , so take a look at them. Thank You

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sobriety and Covid and Living Normal

I have had this blog for ober 8 years and made nothing off of this blog. I write to talk about daily things and living without alcohol and I...