Sunday, November 29, 2015

After a Sober Thanksgiving Day in 2015

Thanksgiving in my family is very widespread. My brother and siter live in two different cities in Texas and California. My mother and Father both are re-married live close by . This year I was sick on Thanks giving day and being 52 and on a holiday  day, I would guess being sick is ok. When I was a youger person I always thought families should get together and celebrate the Holidays. When you get my age life sure does change. My family does get together in spurts over the year, it's like no one single time of the year, but it does happen. I am thankful for so many things in life, but most of all, that I am sober again for the seventh year of my life in a row.

It has not been hard staying sober for over seven years, but there have been challenges , and of course I am being challenged right now. Therefor , I was thinking about this blog that I have been writing for some time. It really is not mean't to be for everyone in the world to know about me. It is for me to look back every once in a while to see how I have grown or not grown.

I have had employment problems all my life, as I must be an entrepreneur , cause I have so many ideas and I usually go for them, and try them out. Many failures, so many I could not list them all. However it makes me know what is do able and what is not. I am very good at internet SEO work and I have proven it in many ways. I sell on eBay and I am am very good at this. I sell through retail arbitrage and drop-shipping, I just got back into this cause the money is pretty good, and I need more money to suffice my bills. I also drive for Uber, but the money in this little city is not very good with the driving job as there are more drivers than riders at this point in time, but when I turn the app on , ready to take calls, I get a sense of I am trying to at least get that one rider. I don't give up anymore.

When I drank I would start something and end it before I knew if it would pay off, so I probably have missed many opportunities, but I don't look back. I keep moving forward in my mind and with the help of the spirit of the Lord to keep my head up and face life, in truth . Yes, truth, and honesty seem to be one answer to the sober man that is living the sober life. I have nothing to lie about nor can I. Just like that Jim carry movie,"Liar,Liar" , I just can't tell a lie. I bullshit a lot when I drive and have a rider with me, but those are not lies, just ideas I have on my mind. I like Uber for that fact when it gets lonely, God seems to put a rider call in for me and I converse with the person no matter whom it is. I am a glorified Taxi driver at times. lol

Like is good and it could be better, and I am still making music in my recording studio. I post on Soundcloud.com and I do not have any followers , but it's like this blog . I am not trying to impress anyone but myself. I was thinking a few minutes ago, that when I am about 70 years old , I will put this blog in a book and have it for my son. He does not read my blog I don't think and I don't tell anyone about it. The blog your reading gets about 20 hits a day, so someone out there is reading my stuff. I probably am boring the hell out of you.

Sobriety affects the family and in a positive manner after the frst few years, because they ( the family) trust you now. They don't think you have any problems anymore. They tend to forget the past , but it could just be me. I am trusted and that feels awesome to know they love me for what I am not doing which is drinking or drugs.They mention this sometimes or I'll have a friend ask me when I quit and I don't make a big deal out of it, but it is a big deal to me. I go to AA every week and maybe two or three times, and I go for the fellowship more than anything else. It is like going to Bible school, for me. We talk about God and what he has done for us today and where we have been, so in reality we still hold on to the past in many ways, but not letting it effect our future. There are those in AA that just cannot grasp the idea of letting God into their lives and they keep drinking and then come back into the meetings and try again. I cannot do anything like this. I made a commitment to myself and God to stop ths crazy behavior seven years ago. I do not want to re-live the past nor do I want to forget where I was , that is what keeps me sober on a daily basis. I wish you well, whoever is reading my blog and hope you are getting something out of this in a good way..Christopher 11/29/2015

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sobriety and Covid and Living Normal

I have had this blog for ober 8 years and made nothing off of this blog. I write to talk about daily things and living without alcohol and I...