Thursday, November 23, 2017

Thankful Day Or Is It?

Thanksgiving is today, and I started a new job this last week, so I am off today and get double pay on Friday, so that is cool. What is not cool is my Thanksgiving meal I had with my father who insists od continued drinking and driving on a good cop catching day, a holiday. I am so thankful I am not drinking and not having to worry about being pulled over for smoking pot or drinking. God has blessed me with a good family but they are spread out all over the country, so rarely we get together, if at all anymore since the kids in the family are in their 50s and all but with both parents alive and very strong headed about what they are not going to do as far as holidays are concerned. It is a bummer in a way, as we used to have a large group of family years back going to eat and dressing up for lunch. Times really change when you get older and you are divorced as I am. I have a son who is 23 and I rarely get to see him as he lives with my ex-wife and her new family.

The good thing is to accept these changes and move on to the next day gracefully. Thining of others than yourself is hard at times, but it does get you out of self. This day I will not be sad as I spend it alone as I have been for so many years. This is my fault because I could be doing some service work such as feeding the homeless or something like this, however, I do enjoy being with my puppy and watching TV as well, and not worrying about anything. This is what I hear is called relaxing and I hear it is ok to do this. I am always on the go and something on my mind. God bless you all on the fabulous family day. Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sobriety and Covid and Living Normal

I have had this blog for ober 8 years and made nothing off of this blog. I write to talk about daily things and living without alcohol and I...