Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Sobriety and Thanksgiving

Well, once again it is that time of the year where most families get together and celebrate a holiday known as Thanksgiving. The traffic sucks and most of the people coming to visit you, well you may not be in the mood to see them. However, this is a time for forgiving others and eating food that most women spend lots of time cooking. Personally, I do not care much for the holidays, in back eight years ago it was just another excuse to get drunk and high and my family either did not know I was or never said anything. As I am 54 now my family has gotten smaller so there is no big feast there is just my mother and father who are both this year widowed. So therein lies the problem with who do I eat with on this day. I love them both but there is only one of me. At least they both want me to spend time with them. I think I have worked it out one I will meet in the afternoon the other in the evening. They both live in separate cities, so lots of driving for me. Well, they have supported my sobriety and they both love me so to show my love back this is all I can do.

Staying sober is not a problem for me, its just living life is. That is where AA and the Big Book come hand in hand in sobriety, to help you with your living situation. It is like the laymens Bible for living with an addiction and it does contain good sayings about how to conduct yourself and let God take over and run your life. It is not an easy task but I do know how to let go and let God into my life. I hope you are able to do this-this Thanksgiving Day as we may not like it or despise this but it is a part of our daily living. So be it

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sobriety and Covid and Living Normal

I have had this blog for ober 8 years and made nothing off of this blog. I write to talk about daily things and living without alcohol and I...